Here's your daily look at five stories we're following:
1. Casino layoff notices: About 1,600 workers at Trump Plaza in Atlantic City will receive formal layoff notices today after the casino announced on Friday that it will close in mid-September. It's the fourth recent planned closure of a casino in Atlantic City, moves that will leave thousands of employees jobless.
2. Transportation projects: A number of major transportation projects are getting underway in the Philadelphia region, with more to come. Today, for instance, PennDOT is starting a $3.4 million repaving effort on Interstate 95 between the Girard Point Bridge in Philadelphia and Route 420 in Delaware County, and travel on a stretch of northbound Route 100 in Chester County will be restricted to one lane for the bulk of the week so it can be widened. And the public can submit comments on future long-range projects in Pennsylvania until Friday.
3. Doe hunting: Pennsylvania residents can begin applying for doe-hunting licenses for the 2014-2015 season today, and the licenses are expected to sell out quickly in southeast Pennsylvania.
4. Another polar vortex?: A massive pool of cold air is making its way across the upper Midwest and eventually to the Mid-Atlantic this week, contributing to strong thunderstorms and then cooler temperatures in the Philadelphia area. But is it another polar vortex?
5. Christie in Camden: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will be in Camden this afternoon at an event to promote business development in the city.