Happy Friday. Finish out the week with a quick look at five stories to know about today:
1. Kai the Hitchhiker: Internet sensation Kai the Hitchhiker was arrested in Center City in the bludgeoning death of a New Jersey attorney. Prosecutors say he will be returned to face a murder charge in Union County, N.J., in the next few days.
2. Powerball jackpot jumps: The jackpot in Saturday's drawing has grown to $550 million for the annuity and $350.1 million for the cash, and could climb even higher.
3. Le Bec Fin "retiring": The Philly fine-dining icon will "retire" in June. A still-unnamed restaurant serving progressive American food will take its place.
4. Shore season: Seven months after Superstorm Sandy devestated the Jersey Shore, tourist season is coming up. The beaches and businesses will be a bit different this summer, but the Shore community says its ready for summer. Our Shore guide has much more on places to go, things to do and what the summer holds.
5. Bike to Work: It's Bike to Work Day and communities around the country (including Philly and Montco) are holding rides this morning to celebrate. So expect to see lots of cyclists on the streets during rush hour.