This dressing is best known as the bright orange, exotic accompaniment to the tossed green salad typically served in sushi restaurants. Recreate it home with the touch of a button. Simply toss the ingredients into your blender or food processor and let it whirl until you have a sunny, smooth puree. Don’t limit its bold flavor to salad. This recipe would also be delicious as a sandwich spread or with grilled chicken or fish.
Japanese carrot ginger dressing
- ¼ cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ginger, coarsely chopped
- ½ celery stalk, coarsely chopped
- 1 small carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup flavorless oil such as canola or grapeseed
- 2½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup made without high fructose corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
Adapted from Jeanette’s Healthy Living