Instead of traditional brownies or cookies, serve this light and tasty cake at your next party or cookout. This recipe uses a lot less sugar and fat than traditional recipes, but has plenty of flavor.
Almond Chocolate Chip Cake
- ½ cup light tub butteror butter spread (softened)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup liquid egg whites (or 8 fresh egg whites mixed together)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or skim milk)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup mini semi-sweet chocoalte morsels
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Cream together butter and sugar in large bowl.
- Add egg whites and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour and baking powder.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to egg mixture.
- Mix in almond milk and almond extract.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into bundt pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- After cake has completely cooled, sprinkle a light coating of powdered sugar on top.
Makes 12 servings