Man electrocuted in Parkside
A man was electrocuted Wednesday afternoon in the Parkside section of West Philadelphia.
The victim was completing renovation work on the first floor of an apartment building on the 4100 block of Parkside Avenue when he was electrocuted around 2:20 p.m., police said. Medics rushed him to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, where he died about an hour later.
The victim’s identity had not yet been released Wednesday evening, but investigators described him as a Hispanic male in his 30s. Workers from PECO and the Department of Licenses & Inspections remained on the scene investigating the incident.
Additional information about the circumstances surrounding the man's death was not immediately available.