Ten people have been killed in Philadelphia since Saturday, an unusually deadly four-day span in the city.
The killings, which have all involved gun violence, have been reported across the city and are not related. Police have not announced arrests in any of the slayings.
The most recent two homicides occurred overnight.
Shortly after midnight, a 21-year-old man was found fatally shot in a car on the 900 block of North Marvine Street, police said. The man, whose name has not been released, was shot once in the head, police said.
Just more than an hour earlier, at about 10:45 p.m., 20-year-old Tyrone Hayes was shot in the chest on the 1500 block of North 23rd Street. He was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 11:10 p.m. Police said the motive in the killing was unknown.
Two other killings were reported in the city earlier Monday, and police identified those victims this morning..
At about 5:30 p.m., 31-year-old Anthony Bailey was fatally shot in the chest in a house on the 2000 block of Lambert Street in North Philadelphia.
And at around 2:30 a.m., 35-year-old Derrick Thomas was killed after he was shot on the 700 block of West Luzerne Street in Hunting Park.
Those deaths came after a deadly weekend in which six people were killed. Those killings occurred:
- At 10 p.m. Sunday, when 21-year-old Craig Jackson was shot in the chest on the 5600 block of B Street in North Philadelphia during an argument.
- At 9 p.m. Sunday, when a 32-year-old man was shot in the chest, arms and leg near 27th and Reed streets in Grays Ferry. The victim's name was not released and no motive was known in the killing.
- Shortly after 11 a.m. Sunday, when 21-year-old Alfred McCory was fatally shot in the head and back on the 2000 block of Bellmore Street in Kensington. Police did not know the motive for the slaying.
- At about 1 a.m. Sunday, when 43-year-old William Kenneth Wise was shot in the head on the 2700 block of North 27th Street in North Philadelphia. The motive was not known.
- At about 4 p.m. Saturday, when 17-year-old Tremaine Rogers was shot to death during an argument on the 900 block of North 64th Street in Overbrook.
- At about 7:15 a.m. Saturday, when 45-year-old Joseph Wisman was fatally shot in the chest during an apparent robbery on the 2000 block of Simpson Street in Southwest Philadelphia.