Looking for a tasty and healthy breakfast? Whip up these pancakes quickly in a blender or food processor. Can use quick cooking or old fashioned oats in this recipe since they will be blended into a flour and both provide great fiber and protein to keep you satisfied until lunch! Make sure to use a ripe banana which makes these pancakes extra sweet!
Sweet Banana Oatmeal Pancakes with Blueberry Topping
- 1 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk of your choice (can use low-fat milk or unsweetened almond or soy milk)
- 1 medium very ripe banana
- Cooking spray (preferably canola oil spray)
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1. Place all dry ingredients including oats, baking powder, and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend until the oats are finely chopped into a course flour consistency. Add 1 cup milk and peeled banana cut into slices. Blend well until combined into a thick batter.
2. Heat a non-stick pan on medium. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray. Cook pancakes until golden brown.
Place frozen blueberries in a small microwavable dish and defrost in the microwave with a 2-3 tablespoons of water. Add maple syrup and mix well with a fork, mashing the blueberries to create a thick sauce. Pour over top of pancakes and enjoy!
Tip! Make extra pancakes and store in the fridge for quick weekday breakfast. Can be stored for up to three days in the fridge and reheat in the oven or microwave.