Saturday, October 25, 2014
Inquirer Daily News

School shuts down because of too much Axe body spray

A school in Brooklyn was shut down for a brief time this week when EMS were called because a mysterious substance had made a handful of sixth graders ill.

School shuts down because of too much Axe body spray

A school in Brooklyn was shut down for a brief time this week when EMS were called because a mysterious substance had made a handful of sixth graders ill.

Emergency personnel showed up to Medgar Evers College Preparatory School only to have the noxious odor turn out to be caused by some kid who over did it with Axe body spray.

The Department of Education said in a statement that Axe was sprayed around 1 p.m. on Wednesday in a room full of sixth-graders at Medgar Evers College Preparatory School.

 “EMS transported eight students to the hospital, and parents of two students took them to their own doctors,” the statement said. [NYDN]

School officials say that no one was seriously hurt and that disciplinary action is pending. [h/t Gawker]

About this blog
A blog tuned-in to what's happening on the Internet. Twitter. Homeland. Cat videos. Odd local stories. Ryan Gosling. You know, the important stuff.

Mare McKeever philly.com
Gabrielle Bonghi Philly.com
Nick Vadala Philly.com
Howard Gensler Daily News Tattle Columnist
Layla A. Jones philly.com
Molly Eichel
Latest Videos:
Also on Philly.com:
Stay Connected