Stephen Starr is now going with May 17 for the debut of Frankford Hall (1210 Frankford Ave.), his interpretation of a traditional open-air German beer garden, set in an industrial structure in Fishtown.
- Stokes Architecture is designer.
- Indoor (160-seat) and outdoor (240-seat) spaces feature exposed brick façades with reclaimed industrial metals, and communal wooden picnic tables for seating.
- The inside and outside spaces are divided by enormous glass-paned garage doors.
- There are two ping pong tables.
- Four Linden trees have been imported to provide shade in the gravel courtyard.
- Food will be ordered from a walk-up counter. Menu will include pretzels, salads, sauerkraut, schnitzel, spaetzle with gravy, Bavarian bread dumplings, fries with curry ketchup, rotisserie chicken, and a variety of sausages including bratwurst, weisswurst and käsekrainer.
- Three bars, one of which is dedicated to pouring beer exclusively.
- Nine taps, featuring a mix of traditional German beers such as Bitburger Pils. Some crafts, including a Dogfish Head exclusive called My Antonia. Bottle list of mostly imports including Schneider Aventinus, Radeberger Pilsner, and Hacker-Pschorr Munich Gold. Liquor and wines-by-the-glass will be available.
- Hours: 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. weekdays, noon to 2 a.m. weekends.
- And, in a first for Fishtown, there will be valet parking.