The temperatures soared past 80 degrees last week, and if you're anything like me, your closet is still looking dark and woolly. And that spring pedicure? Well you don’t have it, yet. Here are some tips on how to transition from winter to spring - chicly.
1. Wear knee-length boots sans pantyhose. This is a fun way to go bare-legged without being cold - you know how those early summer nights can get chilly - and get the last few wears out of your boots putting them in storage. I like the boots with a knee-length midi skirt or a short, ruffled A-line.
2. Wear your filmy summer dress with a chunky cardigan. This summer it’s all about mixing textures, so we say take it all the way downtown - as in Soho - with a light floral print dress (Last year’s is fine.) Pair it with a neutral cardigan. This look is best in clean fleshy tones. And, of course, don’t forget the boots.
3. Remember, ballet flats are your friend. Not ready to show off those toes yet? We can’t blame you. But not-ready-for-summer toes is the most serious of warm-weather infractions. So keep those ballet flats handy. They give your feet room to breath and they are comfy.
4. Rely on the sheer blouse. Transition dressing is all about layering. This is great weather for that sheer blouse your sister gave you for Christmas that you weren't quite sure what to do with. Pair it with a fitted blazer and skinny jeans and your look is cool, summery and appropriate.
5. Break out the jellybean shaded jeans. Those colorful skinny jeans you wore last summer still work this year. But resist the urge to pair those yellow pants with a lime green shirt. Instead opt for a neutral top and a navy or emerald green cardigan. You will look ready for summer, without rushing it.
6. It’s not time for white on white, yet. We know, you are ready to break out that white linen and straw hat combo, but whoa, Nellie! Summer is around the corner, but it’s not here. So rock that white linen shirt dress with a pair of black footless leggings, your ballet shoes and a dark pocketbook Or pair a black wrap dress with a paten leather cotton candy pink clutch. Bring in summer sparingly, for maximum cool points
7. Definitely bring out the oversized sunshades. Nothing says we are ready for summer better than oversized aviators. This will give you that easy going summer look whether knock-off or Gucci.
Summer-izing your winter look: how to look cool during the transition
The temperatures have soared past 80 degrees this week and if you're anything like me your closet is still looking dark and woolly And that spring pedicure? Well you don't have it. Here are some tips on how to transition from winter to spring chicly.