Football season has arrived: Game Day beauty and makeup tips
When I think Eagles' game day, it's tailgating for hours, cheering from section 121 at the Linc, and then out for celebratory drinks at Chickie's & Pete's afterward.
Football season has arrived: Game Day beauty and makeup tips
Are you ready for some football? When I think Eagles' game day, it’s tailgating for hours, cheering from section 121 at the Linc, and then heading out to Chickie’s & Pete’s for celebratory drinks after a win.
Believe it or not, football crosses paths with fashion and beauty; Therefore, keeping our makeup daytime fresh and nighttime-ready is a must. However, there’s now one minor problem: Just recently, the NFL implemented its new bag policy, which limits fans to the size and type of bags permitted in to all NFL games.
The new restrictions allow the following: Clear plastic, vinyl, or PVC that doesn’t exceed 12”x 6”x 12” or a one-gallon freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar). Assuming that any logo is small enough for the bag to be completely visible. In addition to the clear bag option, you can also carry a clutch no bigger than 4.5”x 6.5,” approximately the size of a hand.
Ladies, I know what you’re all thinking: “How am I now going to stow all my top secret information in a see-through bag?” Don’t stress, because I have some helpful advice for all of you- as it’s all about transparency this football season!
It's convenient that see-through accessories are the current craze and have been spotted all over the runways this year. Prada, Gucci, Chanel, as well as the NFL Pro Shop all debuted their version of the hot PVC trend. What’s everyone got to hide? If displaying your hidden possessions has you feeling uneasy, you can use discretion by opting for a small pouch (no bigger than 4.5”x 6.5”) as an insert inside your transparent bag.
Just to ensure we’re in the clear, I confirmed with a NFL expert that use of a clutch-referenced in the guidelines- as a bag insert is permitted assuming it meets size restrictions.
The best part of this trend is being able to let your personality show through! You’ll need to make the perfect item selections, because its what’s inside that counts. Elizabeth Dee, MAC freelance makeup artist and girlfriend of Eagle Todd Herremans, exposes it all by sharing with us what’s in her bag on game days.
GAME DAY MAKEUP MUSTS
For pre game days, Dee says she wants a "glamorous yet tastefully-finished look with a natural, healthy glow." The best part is these 10 steps take 10 minutes or less:
1. Moisturizer- Apply it first, on to a freshly washed face. Try: Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer.
2. SPF- Is a must to protect skin from the sun's harmful UV rays and also to even out your skin tone.
3. Liquid foundation- Not only because it's quick and easy to apply, but it looks the most natural. MAC's Face & Body Foundation is my favorite. It's lightweight because its water based, long wearing, true to color and totally buildable. No need to take up precious makeup bag room with a brush, because you apply by hand! Use small amounts and apply in circular motions.
4. Concealer- For a pick me up around the eyes. Try Maybelline's Cover Stick, not only because it makes you look like you just took a 48-hour nap, but the creamy texture makes it easy to blend. It's also great for a spot touch-up for blemishes or dark spots. Be careful with your under-eye area because it's the most delicate. Use your ring finger for blotting. Stay gentle and don't pull the fragile area. You don't want early wrinkles!
5. Finishing powder- is lightly applied, once your concealer is blended well. Maybelline's Mineral Power Finishing Veil is a translucent, talc free powder that will set your foundation and concealer, as well as hide imperfections. It also comes with a cute, little 100% natural hair powder brush!
6. White eyeliner pencil- If you don't already have one, it's a must-have! When white liner is applied on your waterline (bottom inner lash line), it makes your eyes appear bigger. Also, for a pop or more awake look, apply the liner to your inner eye corners.
7. Eyelash curler- This tool is the secret to gorgeous, "falsies" looking lashes.
8. Mascara- completes the eye. My current favorite, Rimmel London Scandal Eyes, does the trick.
9. Blush- makes my face glow and highlights key features. MAC's Pinch O' Peach blush is what I'll apply to the apples and high points of my cheeks.
10. Tinted gloss on lips is a nice, finishing touch. I'm in love with MAC's Cremesheen Glass in Boy Bait. It’s a naturally beautiful, every day color.
POST-GAME CELEBRATION TIPS
I'm off to Chickie’s and Pete's with my favorite offensive lineman! Neatly tucked in my insert (the size of my hand) of my transparent bag are a few items that help me freshen up after a big Eagles win:
1. Clean & Clear Oil Absorbing Sheets for blotting: These are the perfect cheat sheets when you want a quick clean up.
2. Maybelline Line Express Eyeliner transforms my day look into night: My personal preference is black, but it comes in a few other colors that would also look great. I apply the eyeliner to the top of my eyelid, and use the sponge on the other side of the pencil, to smudge the line I just made. The smudge effect gives the eyeliner a softer look. You can also leave the liner bold for a more dramatic appearance.
3. I'll also touch up my white eyeliner, a little bit of concealer and powder. I'll then apply another coat of mascara and also use some on my lower lash line for added drama.
4. Flower Beauty blush and bronzer duo palette from Drew Barrymore’s fabulous makeup line sold in Walmart stores. It is convenient and perfect for any girl on the go.
5. MAC Etcetera lip liner is that something extra for a night out. Not only will I line my lips, but also I continue to buff it on my mouth, with lighter strokes like a lipstick. Lip liner makes your lips appear fuller and helps lipstick last longer. If you're not a lipstick kind of gal, not to worry! Top your lip liner with a cute tinted lip gloss; much like our MAC Boy Bait from earlier. If you're looking for more color, try Neutrogena Moisturesmooth Color Stick. It's a lip crayon that smoothes lips with mango and shea butter, adding attractive tint.
6. MAC travel size FIX + setting spray is my final step. A couple quick sprays toward your face are all you need.
All this in my little clear plastic bag with room to spare for my sweetheart's- fingers crossed- Super Bowl ring! Who says you can't look glam and sporty at the same time?
THE WINNING LOOK
We’re Eagles fans- loyal and diehard, nothing is going to keep us from attending games. But to the NFL’s credit, the new Stadium Bag Policy ensues heightened safety, shorter lines, and a fashion statement making transparent bags a win in my book. Let the 2013 regular season begin, it’s clearly going to be a memorable one! E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES.
Contact Elizabeth at Elizabeth.KissandMakeup@Gmail.com