Here's your daily look at five stories we're following:
1. Iraq turmoil: After days of turmoil, Iraq appears close to breaking apart as Islamist militants take over sections of the country. President Obama says the United States exploring military options to help the country in crisis, while Philadelphia-area veterans of the Iraq war are dismayed by the events unfolding in Iraq.
2. SEPTA strike: A strike by workers for SEPTA's Regional Rail lines appears increasingly likely to happen this weekend, though mediation talks are scheduled for today.
3. School breakfasts: Philadelphia's Feltonville School of Arts and Sciences has beat out 900 other Pennsylvania schools in getting more students to eat breakfasts. The school district will receive $3,000 at a ceremony this morning for winning the challenge.
4. Christie in California: New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie will head to California today to fundraise and support the state's Republican nominee for governor.
5. Father's Day weekend: A reminder that Father's Day is Sunday. A number of spots around the Philadelphia region are holding events for the occasion.