Saint Joseph’s sophomore forward CJ Aiken was picked as the Big 5 player of the week, it was announced today.
Aiken averaged 16.5 points, 8.5 rebounds and four blocks in two games. He scored a career-high 19 points in a loss at Iona in double-overtime
Selected for the Big 5 men’s honor roll are:
• La Salle sophomore guard Sam Mills, who averaged more than 13 points and two assists in a 1-2 week. He shot 39.5 percent from the floor and made seven three-pointers.
• Temple junior guard Khalif Wyatt, who scored 19 points, had four assists, three rebounds and two steals in the Owls’ loss at Bowling Green.
• Penn senior guard Zack Rosen, who scored a game-high 23 points against Wagner, 22 against Pitt and 15 points and 10 assists against James Madison.
La Salle junior guard Alexis Scott was selected Big 5 women’s player of the week. She averaged 14.3 points in three games.
Selected for the Big 5 women’s honor roll are:
• Villanova junior forward Laura Sweeney, who scored 25 points and had seven rebounds against Delaware and six points and eight rebounds against University of the Sciences.
• Saint Joseph’s sophomore guard Erin Shields, who averaged 14 points and 3.5 assists in a 1-1 week for the Hawks.
• Temple senior guard Kristen McCarthy , who averaged 13.5 points and 9.5 rebounds in two games.
• Penn freshman forward Kara Bonenberger, who averaged eight points in two games.