World Series MVP Cole Hamels will be in New York this evening to present the "Top Ten Things that Went Through Cole Hamels' Mind After Winning the World Series," on CBS' "Late Show with David Letterman."
UPDATE: The show's just been taped and here is the Top Ten List that Hamels (pictured on set) read. If you want to be surprised when you watch Letterman tonight, you should probably stop reading now...
10. Maybe I’ll get to be on “Dancing With The Stars.”
9. Can I wear my cup in the off-season?
8. The Rays collapsed faster than my 401(k).
7. How cool a name is Cole Hamels?
6. This must be how the Yankees used to feel.
5. Is the Phillie Phanatic hitting on my wife?
4. Seriously, how cool a name is Cole Hamels?
3. How can I celebrate when the nation’s economic output is the weakest it’s been since the third quarter of 2001?
2. I hope John McCain will start calling me “Cole the Pitcher.”
1. Now maybe I’ll get to appear on Leno?
In other Hamels TV news, at 11 Friday night, Hamels, Shane "The Flyin' Hawaiian" Victorino and 1980 World Series MVP Mike Schmidt will be live on QVC's "Baseball Collectibles" show. The station will feature signed World Series balls from Hamels and Victorino and new Phillies merchanidse limited to QVC. Their segment will rebroadcast at 1a.m. Saturday.