Here are our roster picks of the week:
Ty Wigginton, 1B, 2B, 3B, Orioles - Versatility is key with Wiggington, though being second in the majors in homers is pretty nice in and of itself.
Drop, for the love of God:
David Ortiz, DH, 1B, Red Sox - Why do so many still own Ortiz? There must be a lot of Sawx die-hards out there waiting for a miracle because he's still owned in 48 percent of Yahoo leagues. Not bad for someone hitting under .200 with 9 RBIs.
Mark Teixeira, 1B, Yankees - Hitting three homers in one game will pretty much always get you on this list. His well-documented April slump appears to be over.
Neftali Feliz, RP, Rangers - The flamethrower had pretty much the best week a closer can have: 3 IP, 3 saves.
Jayson Werth, OF, Phillies - His three home runs for the week didn't come in one game like Teixeira's did, but two of them were three-run shots.
Prince Fielder, 1B, Brewers - Sure, he hit a homer on Sunday, but it was only his third of the year. Fielder simply isn't hitting that well, and on a weak Brewers team, he's not seeing a whole lot of RBI opportunities, either.
Josh Beckett, SP, Red Sox - He gave up nearly a month's worth of runs in his last start and only has one win on the year. Yikes.
Victor Martinez, C, 1B, Red Sox - There was some chatter this week that Martinez was letting his failures behind the plate (remember when the Rangers embarrassed him by swiping nine bases in one game?) affect him at the plate. No one really cared when he was doing a switch-hitting impression of Joe Mauer, but now that his offense has declined he's just one more reason the Red Sox are in fourth place.
Below are our Week 3 Power Rankings. Each week we take a look around the league and list the top ten players filling up the stat sheets for their fantasy owners. We also rank the top free agents to help you fill the holes on your roster.
1. Andre Ethier (LAD, OF) - 10 HR (2 GS), 32 RBI, .383 AVG, 20 R
2. Ryan Braun (MIL, OF) - 6 HR, 28 RBI, 30 R, .365 AVG, 7 SB
3. Roy Halladay (PHI, AP) - 6 W, 3 CG (2 SHO), 56 IP, 48 K, 1.45 ERA
4. Evan Longoria (TB, 3B) - 7 HR, .325 AVG, 23 RBI, 5 SB, 28 R
5. Tim Lincecum (SF, SP) - 4 W, 1.86 ERA, 64 K, 0.91 WHIP
6. Miguel Cabrera (DET, 1B) - 7 HR, .370 AVG, 33 RBI, 18 BB
7. Robinson Cano (NYY, 2B) - 9 HR, 25 R, 21 RBI, .348 AVG
8. Ubaldo Jimenez (COL, SP) - 6 W, 1 SHO, 0.93 ERA, 49 K
9. Jayson Werth (PHI, RF) - .349 AVG, 7 HR, 26 RBI, 25 R
10. Paul Konerko (CWS, 1B) - 13 HR, 27 RBI, 21 BB, 1.116 OPS
Free Agent Power Rankings
1. Orlando Hudson (MIN, 2B) - .296 AVG, 24 R, 14 BB
2. Will Venable (SD, OF) - 4 HR, 18 R, 8 SB
3. Livan Hernandez (WAS, SP) - 43.1 IP, 4 W, 1 SHO, 1.04 ERA
4. Andruw Jones (OF, CWS) - 9 HR, 17 RBI, 16 R, .984 OPS
5. Jose Bautista (TOR, OF) - 6 HR, 21 RBI, 17 R, 17 BB
6. Nick Swisher (NYY, OF) - 6 HR, 24 RBI, 19 R, .306 AVG
7. J.D. Drew (BOS, OF) - 5 HR, 19 RBI, 21 R, 16 BB
8. John Buck (TOR, C) - 8 HR, 18 RBI, .874 OPS
9. Ivan Rodriguez (WAS, C) - .365 AVG, 12 RBI, 12 R
10. Jamie Moyer (PHI, SP) - 4 W, 1 SHO, 20 K, 1.08 WHIP