So, what do you think? Does it look strange?
I was in high school when Donovan McNabb started his career with the Eagles, but I'll be honest. I'm not really blown away by the pic. This is what it's like to follow sports in 2010. We've seen Brett Favre in a Jets and Vikings jersey. We saw Michael Jordan in a Wizards jersey. That's just how it goes. But maybe you feel differently.
If you're wondering, Redskins backup QB Colt Brennan previously wore No. 5, but gave it up for McNabb.
Some other links to pass along:
* SI.com's Jim Trotter hears from league sources that McNabb and the 'Skins are already discussing a contract extension. Not surprising. Trotter says a deal could be finalized in the next few days. It will be interesting to see what kind of deal McNabb gets.
* Les Bowen confirmed today that there were talks of defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth being involved in the deal, but the Eagles weren't interested. Multiple outlets, including the Washington Post, report that safety LaRon Landry's name came up also. I wonder if the Eagles would have considered that option had they not signed Marlin Jackson.
* McNabb will be introduced to the Washington media Tuesday at noon. There was already TV footage of him tonight getting in a limo in D.C.
* Michael Lombardi of the National Football Post thinks the Redskins are dangerous with McNabb:
The trade is risky on the Eagles’ part because they have to be worried about Shanahan’s ability to bring out the best in his team. In terms of talent, the Redskins have one of the best defenses that Shanahan has ever coached, so to make this team really good, he must turn around the offense. And that has to worry Eagles fans, because Shanahan is very, very good at making offenses work.
* I thought Kevin Kolb looked confident, humble and comfortable during today's press conference. The guy has to be overwhelmingly excited at the opportunity in front of him.
* Earlier today, I wrote at length about the trade and the five questions/hot topics that warranted a little more discussion.