Seven principals have been rewarded the first-ever Distinguished Principal Leadership Award created by the Christian R. and Mary F. Lindback Foundation.
Award recipients are:
- Yolanda Armstrong, Pepper Middle School
- Charles Connor, Decatur Elementary School
- Patricia Epps, Forrest Elementary School
- David Kipphut, Swenson Arts & Technology High
- Dr. Sheldon Pavel, Central High
- Dr. Charles Staniskis, Franklin Learning Center
- Darlene Vaughn, Stearne Elementary School
Each principal will receive $10,000 from the foundation to signify his or her leadership in the school and his or her community service. The stipends are to be used to benefit the school and community.
Mayor Nutter, Supt. Arlene Ackerman, School Reform Commission Chairman Robert Archie, CASA President Robert McGrogan and Foundation trustees will present the awards April 6, from 4p.m. to 6p.m. at the Prince Music Theater, 1412 Chestnut Street.