During a normal year, Serrano would close for vacation in July.
This year, this Old City staple will remain open on Thursday, Fridays and Saturdays for the debut of "Street Fare," casual and discounted food and drinks, plus free entertainment.
The new "Street Fare" menu will offer eight to 10 specially priced "grab n go" items that showcase Chef Gina Rodriguez's love of street food. All food will be served casually (paper, not china) as if they came fresh and hot from a food truck.
On top of delicious eats, proprietor Donal McCoy will serve specially priced sangria, Aqua Fesca with an adult edge, signature cocktails and a tap takeover by Yards. McCoy also pays homage to the musical heart and soul of Tin Angel (upstairs) by arranging for great tunes during Street Fare, including Zach Brown on July 13, and local legend Kenn Kweder on July 20th. Other acts will be announced soon.
Entertainment is free.
July 5, 6, 11, 12, 13*, 18, 19 and 20*
* Pulled Pork Soft Taco (Braised pork, bacon, lettuce and pico de galo served in hand-made flatbread)
* Sonoran Hot Dog (Jumbo hot dog wrapped in bacon, topped with beans, guacamole, pico sauce and chipotle aioli)
* Cheesy Cornbread Jalapeno Poppers (Filled with cheddar cheese, fried in a cornbread batter)
* Chicken and Rice (Grilled chicken kabob served over Spanish rice with roasted green chili sauce)
* Grilled Corn (Finished with cayenne honey butter and green onion)
* Yucca Chips with Charred Salsa
* Sopapillas aka "Donuts" (Fried dough dusted in cinnamon and powdered sugar)
* Fish Taco (Grilled mahi-mahi, shaved cabbage, pico de gallo, lime crema in corn tortilla)
Serrano will resume standard nights and hours of operation after July 20.