From now until the end of May, Philadelphia restaurants and Bluecoat American Dry Gin are teaming up to raise money in the fight against Leukemia and Lymphoma.
Rex 1516, Jet Wine Bar, Devil's Den and Barren Hill are just a few of the restaurants participating -- each has come up with a special gin cocktail, and will donate 50 percent of the cocktail's sales to the Eastern PA chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The fundraiser will culminate with the LLS grand finale and Man & Woman of the Year awards at the Union League on June 12th.
• McCrossen's Tavern - Fairmount Fizz, $10, Bluecoat, St Germain, club soda, basil
• Rex 1516 - Gins & Roses, $10, Bluecoat Gin, Old Tom’s Gin, watermelon juice, dry vermouth, lemon juice and rose bitters.
• Devil’s Den - Watermelon Gin Ricky, $9, made with gin, lime, watermelon, basil simple syrup and soda
• Barren Hill Tavern & Brewery - Berry Mint Crush, $9, with gin, fresh berry puree, mint, lemon and tonic.
• Del Frisco’s Double Eagle Steak House - Cool as a Cucumber gin martini, $14
• Ashton Cigar Bar - Blackberry Collins, $15, made with house-made blackberry puree and ginger-cardamom syrup.
• Jet Wine Bar’s Bitter Blues, $8, is shaken with gin, grapefruit juice, St. Germaine and lemon
• Old Eagle Tavern is serving gin with blood orange juice and soda for $7.