South Philly baby burned by iron

An 11-month-old baby is in the hospital this morning after he got burned on a clothing iron in a home in South Philadelphia, police said.

The baby boy was left in the care of his grandmother and two aunts, police spokeswoman Officer Christine O'Brien said. When the women briefly left the iron unattended, he fell onto the iron, burning his lips and cheek, she said. The boy is in stable condition at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. The police Special Victims Unit is investigating.

Continue Reading