The Eagles will end their preseason tonight against the New York Jets in the least-important game of the season, where none of the team's starters are expected to end up anywhere near the field.
The Eagles are 0-3 this preseason, and will try to avoid having their first winless preseason since 1976, when they went 0-6. Their regular season record that year? 4-10.
Here's what you need to know about Thursday's final preseason game:
When: Thursday, Aug. 30
Where: Lincoln Financial Field
Time: Kickoff is 7 p.m.
TV: CBS 3 (Ian Eagle, Anthony Becht, Otis Livingston)
Simulcasts: FOX 43 (Harrisburg), FOX 56 (Scranton)
Radio: 94.1 WIP (Merrill Reese, Mike Quick, Howard Eskin)
Spanish radio: La Mega, 105.7 FM (Rickie Ricardo, Gus Salazar).
Streaming: FutboTV, NFL GamePass (both require a subscription)
Mobile: Verizon Wireless subscribers can stream the game on their phones for free
Eagles Pregame Live, hosted by Michael Barkann, will air live on NBC Sports Philadelphia at 6 p.m. Ed Rendell, the former Pennsylvania governor and Daily News columnist, will join Barkann, Ray Didinger and former Eagles Seth Joyner and Barrett Brooks for Eagles Postgame Live following the game.
For Eagles fans who miss the game live, the NFL Network will re-broadcast the Eagles-Jets preseason game in its entirety Friday at 1 p.m.
• Christian Hackenberg, the former Penn State standout who basically has no shot of landing on the Eagles' 53-man roster, will take most of the snaps at quarterback against the team that drafted him in the second round during the 2016 NFL draft. According to Bob Ford, Hackenberg's best bet is impressing other teams with a strong performance tonight. A spot on the Eagles' practice squad could still be an option, however.
• With the team trying to determine who will end up as the fourth running back, Josh Adams will get the bulk of the workload in the backfield tonight. According to Zach Berman, a good game could solidify his spot on the roster.
• Jordan Mailata, the 6-foot-8, 346-pound Australian rugby player the Eagles selected in the seventh round in the 2018 NFL draft, is in a position to make the team's 53-man roster thanks to his quick development at offensive tackle. "I'm happy with the progress I'm making, but I still have a long way to go," Mailata told Paul Domowitch.
• Unlike the Eagles (and most of the teams in the league), Jets head coach Todd Bowles told reporters he's willing to let some of his starters play tonight because it's an opportunity to work on things and come together as a team. "We're not trying to keep them from getting injured, we're just trying to get them into playing shape and make sure they get some game time," Bowles said.
• Sam Darnold, the No. 3 overall pick in the 2018 NFL Draft, will start for the Jets at quarterback in Week 1 against the Detroit Lions on Monday Night Football after the team traded away Teddy Bridgewater to the New Orleans Saints. But like Carson Wentz and Nick Foles, Darnold likely won't step anywhere near the field tonight.
Week 1: Thursday, Sept. 6
8:20 p.m. – Atlanta Falcons at Eagles (NBC10)
Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 16
1 p.m. – Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (FOX 29)
Week 3: Sunday, Sept. 23
1 p.m. – Indianapolis Colts at Eagles (FOX 29)
Week 4: Sunday, Sept. 30
1 p.m. – Eagles at Tennessee Titans (FOX 29)
Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 7
4:25 p.m. – Minnesota Vikings at Eagles (FOX 29)
Week 6: Thursday, Oct. 11
8:20 p.m. – Eagles at New York Giants (FOX 29, NFL Network)
Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 21
1:00 p.m. – Carolina Panthers at Eagles (FOX 29)
Week 8: Sunday, Oct. 28
9:30 a.m. – Eagles at Jacksonville Jaguars in London (NFL Network)
Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 4
Week 10: Sunday, Nov. 11
8:20 p.m. – Dallas Cowboys at Eagles (NBC10)
Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 18
1:00 p.m. – Eagles at New Orleans Saints (FOX 29)
Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 25
1:00 p.m. – New York Giants at Eagles (FOX 29)
Week 13: Monday, Dec. 3
8:15 p.m. – Washington Redskins at Eagles (ESPN)
Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 9
4:25 p.m. – Eagles at Dallas Cowboys (FOX 29)
Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 16
8:20 p.m. – Eagles at Los Angeles Rams (NBC10)
Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 23
1:00 p.m. – Houston Texans at Eagles (CBS 3)
Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 30