A Bucks County softball coach whose house burned down as police were investigating him for sexual assault has been arrested on charges of having sex with a teenage girl.

Kevin Jones, 34, of Fairless Hills, is facing charges of statutory sexual assault, aggravated indecent assault of someone less than 16 years old, unlawful sexual contact with a minor, corruption of minors and other offenses, according to court records.

Websites that track youth softball scores list Jones as the coach of the Levittown Bulldogs. The team's Facebook page says the organization is a girls fast-pitch travel team.

The teen played on the same softball team as the coach's daughter and considered her a "best friend."

She would often visit their home on Hoover Drive. Jones called the teen "babydoll." The girl's father had not been active in her life for about seven years.

"I'll be your dad from now on and I'll protect you like I'm your dad," he told her according to court documents.

According to court documents, Jones began to flirt with the teen when she was 14 years old. The activity moved from a long kiss, to petting and then to sex. Jones would bring the teen to his bedroom to engage in sexual activity while his own two children – a 13-year-old daughter and 11-year-old son – were in the house.

Between June 2011 and January 2013, the two texted each other approximately 1,400 times on Facebook. In the texts, Jones asked the teen to "snuggle" and to come "sleep over."

He told her that he was the only man she needed and he threatened to kill any boy she was interested in. She texted she knew he was taking pictures of her while she was asleep. There were hundreds of "I love you" messages between the two.

In January, the teen confided in a sister that she was having the sexual relationship. The sister told her mother who contacted police.

"Run, my mom know," the teen warned Jones in a text.

"Who know" Jones texted back.

After the teen told police of the activity, there was a series of plaintive texts she sent her former coach who did not reply.

On Jan 10 at 5:48 a.m. she texted : "I'm sorry I'm so sorry. I'm sorry omg. I'm sorry."

At 12:01 p.m.: "Please forgive me."

At 3:09 p.m.: "I still love you even if you don't love me. Please Kevin I'm sorry."

At 8:58 p.m.: "Will you ever talk to me again."

On Jan. 11 at 8:23 a.m. "I know your scared and its all my fault but I'm lost right now."

At 4:21 p.m.: "Do you hate me please tell me something."

At 8:14 p.m. "I need you. Please Kevin."

A search warrant was prepared to search Jones' home for items including bedding, computers and cell phones.

But early Friday morning, just days before he was arrested, Jones' home in a trailer park on the 100 block of Hoover Drive caught fire, according to the Fairless Hills Fire Department. Images show the home was fully engulfed in flames and was destroyed.

Witness statements said the fire was caused by a dryer but the Fire Marshal had not issued a determination, according to court documents.

Records show Jones was taken into custody on Monday and is being held on $2 million bail.

Jones faces a preliminary hearing on Feb. 2.

Contact Emily Babay at 215-854-2153 or ebabay@philly.com. Follow @emilybabay on Twitter.
Contact the Breaking News Desk at 215-854-2443; BreakingNewsDesk@philly.com. Follow @phillynews on Twitter.