Archbishop Carroll Thursday extended through the weekend its cancellation of all extracurricular activities – including Saturday's football game against North Catholic - in an effort to prevent the spread of swine flu.
No reschedule date has been announced for the football game.
Students had been dismissed for the week on Wednesday, when more than 363 were absent with flu-like symptoms, and diocese officials had decided then to re-evaluate the schedule for sports and other activities on Saturday.
But they decided Thursday to shut everything down at least through Sunday, a spokesman said. The only exception: SAT tests will be given as scheduled at Carroll on Saturday. Classes are expected to resume on Monday, he said, and resumption of other activities will be discussed at that time.
Nearly 38 percent of the school's 976 students were absent on Wednesday, before the remainder were sent home. Two students have now been confirmed with swine flu, the diocese said, with test results pending for a third student.