The Eagles have lots of salary-cap room and Daily News football writer Paul Domowitch has lots of suggestions on how they could spend some of it when the free-agency signing period gets under way. Here are six players he thinks would make them a better football team:
* Jason Brown, C, Ravens: Yeah, they have more pressing problems at tackle. But Brown is head and shoulders better than Jamaal Jackson.
* T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR, Bengals: Anquan Boldin is a bigger difference-maker, but there's no guarantee the Cardinals ever are going to trade him. With DeSean Jackson, Kevin Curtis and Houshmandzadeh, Donovan McNabb would have one of the league's better wide-receiving trios at his disposal.
* Derrick Ward, RB, Giants: Ward wants to go someplace where he can be The Man. But he'd make a terrific 1-2 punch with Brian Westbrook if the Eagles could coax him to play here.
* Yeremiah Bell, S, Dolphins: Bell is one of the better young strong safeties in the league. Quintin Mikell would have no trouble making the switch to free safety.
* Heath Evans, FB, Patriots: Maybe Dan Klecko will develop into a decent lead blocker, maybe not. Evans already is a very good one.