A NEW LAWSUIT alleges that Jerry Sandusky's highway to hell included pitstops in Philadelphia.

The civil action - the first of what is expected to be a flood of lawsuits against Penn State's former top football assistant, the university and Sandusky's charity, The Second Mile - was filed yesterday in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court.

It spotlights new allegations from a 29-year-old man who said he met Sandusky when he was 10, in 1992, and that the then-heir apparent to Joe Paterno molested him more than 100 times, including on trips to Philadelphia.

The victim, identified as "John Doe A," released a statement that he was coming forward because "I don't want other kids to be hurt and abused by Jerry Sandusky or anybody like Penn State to allow people like him to do it - rape kids!"

The allegations come in addition to Sandusky's criminal indictment this month charging the former defensive coordinator with abusing eight boys from 1994 to 2009. Other victims have reportedly come forward.

The complaint filed by John Doe A's attorney said that the sexual abuse took place from 1992 to 1996, when the victim was 14, and also took place at Penn State football facilities, on a trip to an out-of-state bowl game and in Sandusky's home.

One of the victim's lawyers, Minnesota-based Jeff Anderson, has built a national reputation in child-sexual-abuse cases, and recently filed a series of suits against the Archdiocese of Philadelphia, local Catholic officials and priests.

"It's tragically familiar," Anderson said, when asked to compare the actions of Sandusky and his Penn State higher-ups accused in a widespread coverup with the scandals in the Catholic Church.

"He meets the profile of a serial predator during this long time. It's no accident that he was a genius on the football field but he was also a genius at recruiting and controlling kids."

Sandusky's lawyer did not return a call, and a Penn State spokesman said that the university hadn't received the suit and wouldn't comment on specifics of pending litigation. Eric Herman, spokesman for The Second Mile, said "[w]e will review the lawsuit and respond appropriately when we have done so."