Kick off the new year with a healthy and energizing family breakfast. The combination of eggs, vegetables, and fruit gives the right amount of protein, vitamins, and fiber to keep you full through your morning activities.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease an 8×8 pan with butter.
2. Chop the pepper, spinach, tomato, and onion into bite sized pieces.
3. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, add in the vegetables and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables have softened. Remove from heat while you prepare the eggs.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, and milk. Beat the ingredients with a fork until thoroughly mixed.
5. Add the cooked vegetables and cheddar cheese to the bowl and stir together.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Cook for 25-30 minutes.
Winter Fruit Salad
1. In a medium bowl, add the clementine sections, pomegranate seeds, and blackberries.
2. Cut the apple and pear into thin, 1 inch pieces. Add into the bowl.