Makes 6 quesadillasEndTextStartText
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
Salt and pepper to taste
1 medium onion, sliced
1 medium pepper, seeded and sliced
Juice of one lime
4 cups baby spinach
4 ounces low-fat Monterey jack cheese, shredded (about ½ cup)
6 whole-wheat flour tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
3. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes or until 160 degrees.
4. While the chicken is cooking, toss the onions and peppers with olive oil and lime juice and sauté until soft.
5. In a mixing bowl, toss the spinach with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven, and let cool slightly before slicing into thin strips.
7. Lay the tortillas out on a work space. On one half of a tortilla, layer the chicken, then add onions, peppers, spinach, then top with cheese.
8. Fold in half.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes or until crispy.
10. Slice into quarters and garnish with salsa and Greek yogurt, if desired.
Nutritional note: Low in sugar, high in dietary fiber, very high in Vitamin A, very high in Vitamin B6, very high in Vitamin C