Makes 12 muffins
Butter to grease muffin tin
1 cup flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease pan with butter.
2. Mix together next five ingredients in a bowl.
3. Measure the milk into a glass measuring cup, add the egg, and whisk to combine.
4. Make a little well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the egg-milk mixture. Whisk until smooth.
5. Add melted butter and stir to combine.
6. Spoon the mixture into muffin tins and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until brown on top and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Per serving: 124 calories, 5 grams of fat, 25 grams cholesterol, 143 grams sodium, 17 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram dietary fiber, 3 grams of sugar, 3 grams of protein.