1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
11/3 cup pearl couscous (also known as Israeli or Middle Eastern couscous)
13/4 cup water
1 large lemon, zest and juice
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
4 lamb Merguez or other lamb sausage links
2 yellow bell peppers, seeded and quartered
2 red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add couscous and cook, stirring frequently, until toasted, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in water and salt and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until water is absorbed and couscous is just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
4. While couscous cooks, whisk together lemon zest, juice, remaining 1/2 cup olive oil, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Remove 2 tablespoons dressing and set aside for basting.
5. Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Grill sausages and peppers, basting with the reserved 2 tablespoons dressing and turning frequently.
6. When sausage is cooked through and peppers are tender, 10 to 15 minutes, remove from grill. Slice sausage into 1/2-inch-thick rounds and peppers into bite-size pieces. Put in a bowl with couscous. Toss with olive oil-lemon dressing and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve warm or at room temperature.