Are you sick of cellulite? Dimples are cute only when they’re on the right set of cheeks. For those stuck with stubborn stomach, tush, or thigh dimples, concealing their crater-like appearance can be challenging.
The truth is, there is no way to completely eliminate cellulite. No amount of pricey potions, lotions, or serums will work to de-divot your derriere. That’s because cellulite lives below the skin’s surface in layers of connective tissue and fat. Factors such as diet, exercise, smoking, drinking, genetics, gender (women are more prone to cellulite than men), and age-related hormone fluctuations can compromise the structure of these tissues. When this happens, fat deposits can push through connective tissue, causing a puckered pattern of cellulite.
Exercise, in addition to a healthy diet, is the best and safest way to reduce body fat and cellulite. So rather than waste your money and time on expensive, ineffective products, fight lumpy-looking skin with this metabolism-boosting workout.
For best results, repeat three times.
Shake a leg
• Stand with feet hip-width apart, shoulders back, and gaze forward.
• Take a diagonal step back with your right leg and lower your body into a curtsy lunge. Remember to keep your body weight in your front heel with your front knee positioned over your ankle.
• Now push through your left heel as you return to the starting stance and take a diagonal step back with your left leg, landing with your right leg in front. Repeat 20 times total.
• Begin by standing with feet shoulder-width apart. Keep your body weight in your heels as you hinge back at your hips and lower into a squat.
• Simultaneously push up through your heels as you stand up and lift your right leg up toward your chest, bringing your arms down around your leg. Squeeze your core for two counts then release your arms and leg back to the starting stance. Repeat on the opposite leg. Continue this alternating squat/crunch sequence for 20 reps.
• Stand tall and bring your right leg diagonally behind your body.
• Push off your left leg and explosively jump to the right. Use your arms for momentum.
• Now jump off your right foot, landing on the ball of your left foot. Stay low as you continue jumping back and forth. Repeat for 30 seconds.
Off the wall
• Start by leaning your back against a sturdy wall.
• Walk your feet out and lower your body until your knees are bent at a 90-degree angle. Keep your body weight in your heels and your back flat against the wall.
• Once you feel steady and balanced, extend your right leg and left arm out in front of your body. Hold for two counts then switch sides. Repeat 10 times.
The focus of every fitness plan should be getting healthier and stronger. Sizzling stubborn cellulite in the meantime is an added bonus.