The Sixers moved their 10th overall pick, Elfrid Payton, to Orlando for their pick, Croatian professional power forward Dario Saric.
Height: 6' 10"
Weight: 223 lbs.
- It will be two years before Saric can play in the NBA, and the Sixers will have to keep wooing him throughout, despite drafting him. At any time, Saric and his team in the TBL can rip up his deal with the Sixers.
- Last year, Saric declared for the NBA Draft, then pulled out, declared again, and pulled out again, not wanting to leave Europe or get stuck on the bench or a D-League team. The Sixers were among the teams with serious interest then, as well.
- Saric currently plays for Anadolu Efes of the Turkish Basketball League.
- Unanimously voted MVP of the 2010 FIBA Europe Under-16 Championship. Was the second player ever to notch a triple-double in the final game (Ricky Rubio was other).
- In 2011, Saric's team won the Euroleague Basketball Nike International Junior Tournament.
- Became a gold medalist with the FIBA Europe Under-18 team in 2012.
- At the Nike Hoop Summit the same year, he was a part of the World Team that defeated the U.S., wirth 13 points and 14 rebounds.
- Named 2013 FIBA Europe Young Player of the Year.
- Both season and Finals MVP of the 2014 Adriatic League.
"Saric was widely considered a top-10 prospect by the majority of teams in the NBA. He averaged 19.3 points, 9.3 rebounds and 3.8 assists per game for Cibona in the Adriatic League this year."
"Great versatility for his size, extremely high basketball IQ, excellent passer, great court vision, ball handling is excellent for his size, can play both forward positions, great body control and strong rebounder."
"Not very explosive, free throw shooting needs improvement, lack of strength limits his finishing around the basket, mid-long range shooting is unreliable, lacks lateral speed."
"His jumper is still a work in progress, as he hit on only 34.2% of them, good for 0.87 points per shot. That being said, his jumper has seen improvement over where it was a year ago, and could become a reliable weapon down the road."