Brandon Manning finally signs deal with Flyers
The Flyers announced the deal late Thursday but, as is their policy, terms were not disclosed. We do know that it's a one-year deal. Manning, a 23-year old-defenseman, has played 10 games for the Flyers including six last season.
We have him pegged as the Phantoms top defenseman heading into the 2013-14 season, a distinction he'll probably lose to somebody like Marc-Andre Bourdon once training camp ends. Manning represents the organization's 49th contract, of which they are allowed 50. Goalie Anthony Stolarz will come off that list thanks to the slide rule once the season starts, and unless Scott Laughton makes the team (a possibility), he'll come off as well.
More from Broad Street Hockey:
- Rookie camp begins Sept. 6 at Skate Zone
- Thursday Morning Fly By: In a mere Craig Berube days, the season shall open.
- Podcast: Scouting the Carolina Hurricanes, who we now hate
- Could Kimmo Timonen play beyond 2013-14?
- Laviolette speaks at USA Olympic camp
This article originally appeared on SBNation.Click here for the full article »