Eagles vs Giants: A Bitter Rivalry
Sunday's game should be no different. New York, winless, has played an awful brand of football but they are desperate for a win. Equally as desperate is Philadelphia, who look to capitalize on an opportunity for a divisional road victory.
Having said that, let's take a closer look at this rivalry through the history books.
• The Eagles and Giants have played each other 162 times. In those games, the Giants lead the series 84-76-2. Philadelphia 17-12 against New York since 2000 and 26-23 since 1990. PHI has won 10 of their last 12 vs NYG.
• All-time point differential: 2918-3063.
• 29-42-1 - Eagles record when playing the Giants on the road. Eagles have won 6 out of their last 8 road games in the series.
• Since Tom Coughlin took over at NYG in 2004, the Eagles are 12-8.
• 49 is the most points the Eagles have scored vs NYG (1959). More recently, Philly put up 47 in 1992. The most points the Eagles have allowed is 62 back in 1972.
• Miracle at the Meadowlands - 2013 marks the 35th anniversary of this game. The QB Kneel was invented because of this play.
• Brian Westbrook punt return
• Miracle at the Meadowlands NUM-BER TWO - Despite trailing 21 points with just under eight minutes left in the fourth quarter, the Eagles did the impossible and staged a comeback, walk-off win over NYG.
More from Bleeding Green Nation:
- Eagles vs. Giants 2013: Game time, TV schedule, online streaming, trivia and more
- The Linc - Eagles Future at Quarterback
- Giants officially trade for LB Jon Beason; send conditional pick to Panthers
- Eagles vs Giants 2013: 5 Questions with Big Blue View
- Eagles-Giants Final Injury Report: Six players out for New York
- Chip Kelly and the Vision Thing
This article originally appeared on SBNation.Click here for the full article »