Philadelphia Eagles 2013 Depth Chart: 53 man roster
Now that the dust has somewhat settled from the Philadelphia Eagles roster cuts earlier in the week, let's take a look at how the Eagles depth chart stacks up. This is what the depth chart will look like as the Eagles travel to Washington DC to take on the Redskins in the Monday Night Football opener on September 9th.
Something to keep in mind is that this depth chart is mostly accurate but quite "unofficial". The coaches produce the real depth chart.
(R) designates that the player is a rookie.
RG: Todd Herremans, Allen Barbre
ROLB: Trent Cole, Brandon Graham
P: Donnie Jones
K: Alex Henery
H: Donnie Jones
PR: DeSean Jackson, Damaris Johnson
KOR: Damaris Johnson, Brandon Boykin
LS: Jon Dorenbos, Brent Celek
PRACTICE SQUAD (More on this)
• 8 rookies made the team. 3 were undrafted (Tobin, Square, Knott). 3 on offense, 5 on defense.
• Dennis Kelly (back) and Brandon Hughes (hand) enter the season with injuries and probably aren't ready to play yet.
• Allen Barbe is the primary backup at both guard positions. He can also play tackle and figures to be a backup there.
• Julian Vandervelde is the backup C but can also play guard.
• The tight end position is listed twice, which shouldn't be a surprise since Chip Kelly will use them often.
• Brandon Graham is the top backup at either OLB position.
• Sticking with the "Brandon top backup theme", Boykin is the primary second string option at either CB position. He's also the primary nickel CB.
• Nate Allen is your other starter at Safety next to Patrick Chung.
• DeSean Jackson is listed as the main punt returner. Chip did say that DeSean will see time there during the season. Damaris is listed as the top KOR with Boykin as the backup. Not bad.
• Lastly, Celek is the Eagles emergency backup LS. Jason Avant is likely the Eagles 4th string QB in event of an emergency. Just some fun trivia information to know.
This article originally appeared on SBNation.Click here for the full article »