CLEARWATER, Fla. – Rhys Hoskins and Carlos Santana will make their spring-training debuts on Saturday as the Phillies host the Orioles at Spectrum Field.
The game, which begins at 1:05 p.m., will be broadcasted by NBC Sports Philadelphia and WIP-FM.
Here’s a look at the lineup:
- Carlos Santana, first base
- Rhys Hoskins, left field
- Jorge Alfaro, catcher
- Aaron Altherr, right field
- Cesar Hernandez, second base
- J.P. Crawford, shortstop
- Tommy Joseph, designated hitter
- Ryan Flaherty, third base
- Roman Quinn, center field
Starting pitcher: Zach Eflin
- Quinn will compete this spring for a spot on the team’s bench. He’ll play center today but could see time in the infield later in camp. His versatility and speed will give him a chance to crack the Opening Day roster.
- Eflin said he feels the best he has ever felt after undergoing knee surgery at the end of the 2016 season. The pitcher said his legs were weak last season and it felt like he was pitching on stilts. He’s competing for the final rotation spot and it will be interesting to see if his health makes him a different pitcher.
- Alfaro makes his spring debut and is a lock to make the team out of camp. The Phillies need him to take strides this spring with his defense, especially with his receiving and gamecalling. He has a great arm and now needs to find ways to maximize that.