Ryan Braun's Milwaukee Brewers teammates are glad that MLB suspended the outfielder, reports Jeff Passan of Yahoo! Sports.
Braun asked for the support of his teammates last season and told them that he didn't used PED's, according to Passan. The Brewers are now mad that Braun lied to them about his situation.
The outfielder gave an emotional speech following his discussion with his teammates last year. Braun offered a number of quotes to reporters that now appear dishonest. He said, "I truly believe in my heart and would bet my life that the substance never entered my body at any point," for example. Also: "We were able to get through this because I am innocent and the truth is on our side."
MLB suspended Braun for the remainder of the season on Monday, a total ban of 65 games. A source familiar with the deal told Ronald Blum of the Associated Press that 50 games of the suspension were connected with Biogenesis, and the other 15 stemmed from Braun's actions during his overturned positive test in 2011.
More from SB Nation:
• Ryan Braun suspended for rest of season | Rob Neyer on Braun | Steven Goldman on Braun
• A-Rod may be next superstar to be suspended
• Cubs, Rangers complete Matt Garza trade
• 50 baseball-related metal names | #HotCorner
• MLB trade deadline: Why we might see less action than usual
This article originally appeared on SBNation. Click here for the full article »