Answers to Mike Kern's British Open Trivia
Here are the answers to Mike Kern's British Open trivia:
1. Last year at Royal Lytham & St. Annes, who led after one round?
a. Adam Scott. b. Brandt Snedeker. c. Nicolas Colsaerts.
ANSWER: a. He was one ahead of three others.
2. And who led after 36 holes?
a. Brandt Snedeker. b. Adam Scott. c. Paul Lawrie.
ANSWER: a. He was one in front of Scott.
3. Which of these blokes wasn’t tied for second through 54?
a. Brandt Snedeker. b. Tiger Woods. c. Graeme McDowell.
ANSWER: b. He was fourth.
4. Now that an Australian has finally won the Masters, how many have won this major?
a. 3. b. 4. c. 5.
ANSWER: b. Peter Thomson (5), Greg Norman (2), Kel Nagle and Ian Baker-Finch.
5. How many times did three-time champion Jack Nicklaus finish second?
a. 5. b. 6. c. 7
ANSWER: c. from 1964-79.
6. What champ shot the lowest score in relation to par at Muirfield?
a. Lee Trevino. b. Nick Faldo. c. Tom Watson.
ANSWER: c. 13-under 271 in 1980.
7. Which champion shot the lowest Open final round?
a. Seve Ballesteros. b. Justin Leonard. c. Greg Norman.
ANSWER: c. 64 in 1993.
8. Which champ shot the lowest opening round?
a. Tom Watson. b. Nick Faldo. Louis Oosthuizen.
ANSWER: b. 65 in 2010.
9. Who was the oldest winner?
a. Tom Morris Sr. b. Roberto de Vicenzo. c. Harry Vardon.
ANSWER: a. He was 46 in 1867.
10. Which champ shot the lowest fourth-round score at Muirfield?
a. Gary Player. b. Nick Faldo. c. Tom Watson.
ANSWER: a. 68 in 1959.
DOUBLE JEOPARDY: How many times has six-time U.S. Open runnerup Phil Mickelson been second in this national championship?
a. 0. b. 1. c. 2.
ANSWER: b. In 2011.
FINAL JEOPARDY: Which of these guys hasn’t aced the seventh hole at Muirfield?
a. Bill Andrade. b. Paul McGinley. c. Steve Pate.
ANSWER: c. Andrade did it in the fourth round in 1987, McGinley in the first round in ‘92.