The Daily News' Mike Kern provides his annual British Open quiz as this year's tournament is set to begin on Thursday. Test your knowledge:
1. Last year at Muirfield, who led after the first round?
a. Zach Johnson. b. Mark O’Meara. c. Rafael Cabrera Bello.
2. Who led after 36 holes?
a. Henrik Stenson. b. Dustin Johnson. c. Miguel Angel Jiminez.
3. Which of these guys wasn’t tied for second heading into the final round?
a. Adam Scott. b. Hunter Mahan. c. Tiger Woods.
4. What did 54-hole leader Lee Westwood close with?
a. 73. b. 74. c. 75.
5. Who finished second?
a. Henrik Stenson. b. Adam Scott. c. Ian Poulter.
6. Before last year, what was Phil Mickelson’s best finish in this major?
a. second. b. third. c. fourth.
7. How many birdies did Mickelson have in the final round last July?
a. five. b. six. c. seven.
8. The last time the Open was held at Royal Liverpool (Hoylake), who led after one round?
a. Miguel Angel Jiminez. b. Greg Owen. c. Graeme McDowell.
9. Who was in second, one behind Tiger Woods, after 36 holes?
a. Retief Goosen. b. Chris DiMarco. c. Ernie Els.
10. When Roberto De Vicenzo won at Hoylake in 1967, who was runner-up?
a. Jack Nicklaus. b. Clive Clark. c. Gary Player.
Double Jeopardy: Who was the first American to win this major?
a. Walter Hagen. b. Bobby Jones. c. Jock Hutchinson.
Final Jeopardy: Who has the most career rounds in the 60s?
a. Nick Faldo. b. Ernie Els. c. Jack Nicklaus.