Flyers training camp 2013: Team unveils schedule for practice in Philly, Lake Placid, Voorhees
For the first time in the 17-year history of their South Philly home, the Philadelphia Flyers will host part of training camp at the Wells Fargo Center.
The team announced today that camp will officially open Thursday, Sept. 12 at the WFC with practice beginning at 8:30 a.m. and ending at 3 p.m. The schedule for on-ice workouts will be the same each day of camp, which wraps up its Philly leg on Saturday, Sept. 14 before the team takes off for more training in Lake Placid.
Doors will open at 8 a.m. each day. Parking and admission is completely free.
After three days of preseason games, including two at the Wells Fargo Center, from Sunday, Sept. 15 to Tuesday, Sept. 17, the Flyers will ship up to Lake Placid for three days of camp at the site of the 1980 Winter Olympics. No word on if those practices will be open to the public.
The Flyers will return to the Delaware Valley on Monday, Sept. 23, where they'll hold the remainder of camp at the Flyers Skate Zone in Voorhees. As usual, those sessions will be free and open to the public.
The team will also hold a "Fan Fest" each of the three days to open camp in South Philadelphia, beginning at 10 a.m. each day. Fan Fest will be open until 7 p.m. on Thursday the 12th and until 5 p.m. on the 13th and 14th.
Via the Flyers, here's a full list of the events during Fan Fest:
- Flyers tent merchandise store with the latest Reebok and 47 Brand styles
- Hockey Hall of Fame trophy display
- Four (4) NHL trophies on display plus additional memorabilia from the Hockey Hall of Fame
- The MeiGray Group
- Flyers jersey display and additional Flyers/NHL memorabilia from the "Official Jersey Source of the Philadelphia Flyers"
- Collectible tradeshow
- Featuring a collection from more than a dozen memorabilia vendors
- Street hockey rink
- "Hooked on Hockey" sessions, street hockey skills contests (stick handling, target shooting, hardest shot), open street hockey. Full rink activities schedule will be posted on site.
- Obstacle course
- Take your shot at the best time of the day! Course times will be posted with awards presented to the best times in different age categories.
- Mini golf
- Play 9 holes on a specially designed course for all ages
- Flyers fans "leave your mark" big board
- Sign the big board and wish the team well this season
- Two (2) Flyers themed inflatables plus a large bounce house for kids
- Carnival table games
- Play your some of your favorite games from the boardwalk
- Flyers face painters
- Flyers themed sand art sculpture
More from Broad Street Hockey:
- Trenton Titans owe fans, charities thousands of dollars
- Marc-Andre Bourdon still injured, but wants to compete in camp
- The WFC ice looks really dumb
- Ian Laperriere finished that Ironman after all
- Giroux injured, but will be ready for opener
This article originally appeared on SBNation.Click here for the full article »