On the road to the Frozen Four in Philly
SIXTEEN TEAMS have been selected to play in the NCAA ice hockey championship that will culminate in the Frozen Four at the Wells Fargo Center.
Minnesota was named the No. 1 seed yesterday, followed by other No. 1 seeds Boston College, Union College and Wisconsin.
Next weekend will be the four regionals, from which the Frozen Four will emerge. The Frozen Four semifinals will be held April 10, with the championship game on April 12.
Here are the regional schedules:
Webster Bank Arena,
* No. 1 Union (N.Y.) (28-6-4) vs. No. 4 Vermont (20-14-3), 2 p.m.
* No. 2 Quinnipiac (24-9-6) vs. No. 3 Providence (21-10-6), 5:30 p.m.
Saturday's championship: Semifinal winners, 3 p.m.
U.S. Bank Arena, Cincinnati
* No. 2 Ferris State (28-10-3) vs. No. 3 Colgate (20-13-5), 4:30 p.m.
* No. 1 Wisconsin (24-10-2) vs. No. 4 North Dakota (23-13-3), 8 p.m.
Saturday's championship: Semifinal winners, 6:30 p.m.
DCU Center, Worcester, Mass.
* No. 1 Boston College (26-7-4) vs. No. 4 Denver (20-15-6), 4 p.m.
* No. 2 Massachusetts-Lowell (25-10-4) vs. No. 3 Minnesota State-Mankato (26-13-1), 7:30 p.m.
Sunday's championship: Semifinal winners, 5 p.m.
Xcel Energy Center,
Saint Paul, Minn.
* No. 1 Minnesota (25-6-6) vs. No. 4 Robert Morris (19-17-5), 5:30 p.m.
* No. 2 Notre Dame (23-14-2) vs. No. 3 St. Cloud State (21-10-5), 9 p.m.
Sunday's championship: Semifinal winners, 7:30 p.m.