FANTASY STARS, stiffs and surprises of Week 2 through Sunday's games. And what happened to that Saints-Giants shootout?
Came up big *
Cam Newton, QB, Panthers: Four touchdowns, 353 yards passing and no helmet-to-helmet collisions.
* Matt Forte, RB, Jets: Ran for 100 yards and three TDs on Thursday night. Forte had a total of four rushing touchdowns last year for the Bears.
* Stefon Diggs, RB, Vikings: Was targeted on 11 of Sam Bradford's 31 passes, catching nine for 182 yards and a score.
* Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Panthers: Posted 7/108/2; good week for Benjamins.
* Travis Benjamin, WR, Chargers: Took over for injured Keenan Allen with 6/115/2.
Let us down *
Drew Brees, QB, Saints: Had one TD pass against the Giants after throwing seven in their meeting last year.
* Eli Manning, QB, Giants: Salvaged a zero touchdown outing against the Saints with 368 passing yards; had five TD passes against the Saints last year.
* David Johnson, RB, Cardinals: Team scores 40 points and he doesn't get into the end zone.
* Antonio Brown, WR, Steelers: Caught just four of 11 targets and had a bad drop.
* Todd Gurley, RB, Rams: Those who weren't expecting much from Gurley against Seattle sure got it. He had 51 yards rushing.
Where'd he come from? *
Matt Ryan, QB, Falcons: Put up 396 yards and three scores. Has 300-plus yards in both games with five TDs and a pick. Completing 73 percent of his passes.
* Isaiah Crowell, RB, Browns: A good chunk of his 133 rushing yards came on an 85-yard burst.
* Tyrod Taylor, QB, Bills: Put 297 yards and three TDs against the Jets after managing 111 harmless yards and no TDs in the opener against Baltimore.
* Dennis Pitta, TE, Ravens: Had nine catches for 102 yards after missing all of last season with hip injuries that nearly ended his career. It was his first 100-yard game since 2012.
Some other players bound to be popular on the waiver wire this week:
* Jerick McKinnon, RB, Vikings
* Phillip Dorsett, WR, Colts
* Fozzy Whittaker, RB, Panthers
* Jay Ajayi, RB, Dolphins
Did you notice? *
Atlanta's Devonta Freeman (93 yards) had 17 carries while teammate Tevin Coleman (46 yards, one TD) had 12.
* Dez Bryant had seven receptions on 12 targets after registering one catch on five attempts in Week 1.
* Miami's DeVante Parker, making his season debut, also saw 12 targets as the Dolphins had to throw often after failing in a deep hole.
* The 0-2 Colts have scored six touchdowns. The 1-1 Rams have none.