1. Who was the last defensive player to win Super Bowl MVP?
a. Malcolm Smith, Seattle
b. Von Miller, Denver
c. Ray Lewis, Baltimore
d. Asante Samuel, New England
2. Who holds the Super Bowl record for longest field goal?
a. Adam Vinatieri, New England/Indianapolis
b. Brandon McManus, Denver
c. Tony Franklin, Eagles
d. Steve Christie, Buffalo
3. Who holds the record for most rushing attempts in Super Bowls?
a. Franco Harris, Pittsburgh
b. Emmitt Smith, Dallas
c. Thurman Thomas, Buffalo
d. Larry Csonka, Miami
4. The Patriots were underdogs the first time Tom Brady and Bill Belichick made it to a Super Bowl. By how many points were the Rams favored?
5. Who was the largest underdog in a Super Bowl – and did they cover?
a. New York Jets, SB 3
b. Minnesota Vikings, SB 4
c. L.A. Rams, SB 14
d. San Diego Chargers, SB 29
1. Denver linebacker Von Miller (SB 50) was the last defensive player to win Super Bowl MVP.
2. Buffalo’s Steve Christie (54 yards) kicked the longest field goal in Super Bowl history in SB 28.
3. Franco Harris has the most career rushing attempts in the Super Bowl, with 101 in four games.
4. The Patriots were 14-point underdogs the first time Brady and Belichick made it to a Super Bowl. They stunned the Rams by winning Supe 36 outright, 20-17.
5. The San Diego Chargers were the largest underdog in Super Bowl history. They were plus-18.5 points and did not cover in a 49-26 loss to the 49ers in SB 29. The miracle Jets were getting 18 when they upset the Colts in Supe 3.
This week’s quick quizzes