Source: Burress wants out of NY
Arizona general manager Rod Graves did not return a telephone call left by the AP at his office. Giants general manager Jerry Reese refused to comment.
Rosenhaus did not return telephone calls and an e-mail.
Burress' future has been in limbo since he shot himself in the right thigh at a New York City nightclub in late November. He was charged with felony gun possession and, if convicted, he faces a minimum sentence of 3 1/2 years in prison.
* Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth is being blamed for causing an accident that left a Tennessee man needing hip replacement, and has a district attorney reviewing the Dec. 13 incident for a possible probation violation. While on probation from a speeding incident, Haynesworth was cited for careless driving for an incident when the man crashed his car.
* Rich Beem, Vaughn Taylor and Charley Hoffman shot 66s to share the first-round lead at the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am in California.
* Former No. 1-ranked Karrie Webb took a three-stroke lead at the Women's Australian Open in Melbourne.
* Jerome Allen (Penn), Curt Fromal (La Salle), and Susan Moran (Saint Joseph's) will be enshrined into the Big 5 Hall of Fame tonight at 6 at Weightman Hall at Penn and will be honored at tomorrow's La Salle-Saint Joseph's game at the Palestra.
* Kyle Busch and Jeff Gordon won the two Daytona twin 150-mile qualifying races for Sunday's Daytona 500.
* An Ohio judge ruled in favor of Oklahoma State pitcher Andrew Oliver, who argued that the NCAA shouldn't restrict a player's right to have legal help when negotiating a big-league contract.
* Brittany Viola, daughter of former pitcher Frank Viola, was among nine American divers chosen to compete at the world championships in Rome in July. *