Villanova remained ranked No. 7 in the latest Associated Press Top 25 poll released Monday afternoon. Later this afternoon, Villanova plays at No. 8 Connecticut.
Temple, which was 19th before losing at Duquesne on Saturday, dropped out of the poll. The Owls are 26th, the leader amont the other teams receiving votes.
There is a new top-ranked team. It is Ohio State, which moved up from No. 2. Duke fell from No. 1 to No 4 after losing at Florida State last week.
Here is the rest of the top 10:
6. San Diego St.
In other Philly hoops news, Villanova sophomore guard Maalik Wayns was named Big 5 Player of the Week. He scored 15 points, had seven assists and three steals in the Wildcats' win over Louisville. He had 22 points in Saturday's win over Maryland.
On the Big 5 men's honor roll:
* La Salle sophomore center Aaric Murray, who scored 19 points and had eight rebounds in a win over Penn. Murray had 12 points and eight rebounds in the Explorers' loss at UMass.
* Penn senior forward Jack Eggleston, who had his third double-double this season with 16 points and 12 rebounds in an overtime loss at La Salle.
* Temple junior guard Ramone Moore, who averaged 18.5 points and 4.5 rebounds per game in a 1-1 week for the Owls.
Temple junior forward Kristen McCarthy has been named Big 5 Women’s Player of the Week award. She averaged 14.5 points in two victories last week.
On the women's honor roll:
* Villanova sophomore forward Laura Sweeney, who scored 16 points and had nine rebounds in a win over Penn. She also had a career-high four blocks, plus three assists and three steals.
* Penn freshman guard Alyssa Baron, who tied a career high with 23 points against Villanova, and a team-high 13 points and five rebounds at Virginia.
* La Salle senior forward Ashley Gale, who had 16 points in a road loss to St. Bonaventure, and scored 21 points, had six rebounds and three assists in a win over Saint Louis.