Who: No. 7 Temple vs. No. 2 San Diego State
What: NCAA Third Round (West Region), McKale Center, Tucson, Ariz.
Sixers 102, Kings 80 Grapefruit League George Mason 61, 'Nova 57 Pirates @ PhilliesTue, Mar 29 at 7:05PMFrom:
$11»BUY TICKETSWhen: 6:10 p.m.
TV/Radio: TNT/WPHT (1210-AM)
History: San Diego State won the only meeting, 75-64, on Dec. 30, 1981, in the Carbillo Classic at the San Diego Sports Arena.
How they got here: Temple (at large from Atlantic 10) beat Penn State, 66-64, in second round. San Diego State (Mountain West champion) beat Northern Colorado, 68-50, in second round.
Coaches: Fran Dunphy (Temple), Steve Fisher (San Diego State)
Three things Temple must do:
1. Make a high percent of its shots from the floor so it can set its defense and make the Aztecs take lower-percent shots.
2. Hang in on the glass and not get overwhelmed by the big, relentless athletes of SDS.
3. Control the pace of the game. If it gets wild, that will not be a good thing. If it is fairly deliberate, that works in the Owls favor.
Three things San Diego State must do:
1. Dominate the backboards on both ends with its size and athleticism.
2. Don't get frustrated by Temple's offense, which can really get defenses dizzy with its ball and player movement.
3. Play with the same determination that got them 33 wins on the season.