As I write this, we are less than three hours away from the start of free agency. Who said this year was going to be boring because of the lack of unrestricted free agents?
Tomorrow I will start a blog post early and update it throughout the day, likely using Cover it Live. That way you can leave it open while you're at work, in class, whatever. And you'll have updated information.
As for now, here are the rumors/links/news items you, the Eagles fan, might be interested in:
* The Darren Sproles situation is both interesting and confusing. It first appeared that he'd be a free agent, but today the Chargers put a first-and-third tender on him. So Sproles is staying in San Diego, right? Surely, no team would be willing to offer up those two picks for him. Not so fast, says Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune. Acee reports that the Chargers are still willing to deal Sproles via trade, and it won't take a first- and a third-rounder to get him. And here's where it gets interesting. Acee says the Eagles were one of four teams that Sproles had already scheduled to visit. The other three were Washington, Kansas City and St. Louis.
* For what it's worth, a league source told Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times that DE Aaron Kampman "may be headed to Philadelphia."
* The Cardinals cut safety Antrell Rolle. Sources tell Brad Biggs of the Chicago Tribune that the Bears are currently in negotiations for his services. Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports that the Giants and Dolphins are also in the mix. And that the Cardinals still want to re-sign him.
* The Redskins went all-out with their cuts. When the dust settled, 10 players were gone. Many names Eagles fans have watched play the Birds twice a year for quite some time. Some of the notables: Cornelius Griffin, Rock Cartwright, Antwaan Randle-El, Fred Smoot, Ladell Betts. All are now free agents.
* In New Orleans, the Super Bowl champ Saints are getting rid of ex-Eagles linebacker Mark Simoneau and long-time defensive end Charles Grant.
* Speaking of ex-Eagles, the Jets (as expected) have released Lito Sheppard.
* Earlier we had some items on Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb.