The pieces are falling into place for teams and coaches across the NFL as the rumor mill begins to slow down.
- 10:41 AM: Former Eagles coaching candidate and Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy has officially accepted the position of head coach with the San Diego Chargers, per Adam Schefter.
The move sets in motion a domino effect, as Ken Whisenhunt is a theoretical top choice for the OC position in Denver. Arizona, also a previous McCoy contender, is expected to move Bengals OC Jay Gruden to the top of their list.
- The Eagles, despite a surprise interview with Ken Whisenhunt Monday afternoon, appear to be zeroing in on Gus Bradley. Bradley, on the losing end of a 30-28 playoff defeat in Atlanta last Sunday, has met with Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie, GM Howie Roseman, and team president Dan Smolenski, who categorized the interview as "great" and are scheduling a second one.
- The Bears have trimmed their seemingly endless collective of potential head coaches down to a more manageable three: offensive coordinators Bruce Arians (Colts) and Darren Bevell (Seahawks) as well as head coach of the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, Marc Trestman, who recently denied reports that he'd already been hired by Chicago.
- Late in the head coach hunt, new Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell will be left to scan the candidates left behind by the other seven teams who have filled their vacancies. That means interviewing offensive coordinators Jay Gruden (Bengals ), Greg Roman (49ers), and Brian Schottenheimer (Rams).
- The Jets, still looking to fill out an almost comically understaffed coaching manifest, will interview former Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron, as well as Standford OC Pep Hamilton, at some point in the coming week. New York also needs someone to fix their quarterback situation, and are looking QB coach David Lee to take on the role.
- Former Patriots WR coach Brian Daboll, who'd been working with the Chiefs in 2012, has been brought back onto Brian Belichick's staff to stengthen the New England brain trust prior to their playoff game against Baltimore.