Names like Notre Dame's Brian Kelly and former Eagles coach Juan Castillo enter the fray this morning as the NFL rumor mill keeps on churning.
- 10:09 PM: ESPN's Chris Mortensen is reporting that the Cleveland Browns have hired Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski to become the team's next head coach.
- 4:42 PM: NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock called into 97.5 The Fanatic Thursday afternoon and joined Ron Jaworski and Dick Vermeil as an advocate of the Eagles to hire Jon Gruden, reports Sheil Kapada on Birds 24/7.
- 11:32 AM: Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell, hired from the Falcons on Tuesday, has made his first move and fired head coach Mike Mularkey after one season.
- The Eagles have rejuvenated their coaching search by adding Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly to their list. The team interviewed Kelly on Tuesday, as despite the Irish losing quiet decidedly in the BCS championship, he is viewed as a potential candidate for the job.
- It was reported yesterday that the Cardinals are interested in former Eagles offensive line coach and defensive coordinator Juan Castillo to coach Arizona's offensive line. Castillo was reportedly asked by Andy Reid to join the former Eagles head coach in Kansas City.
- The Cardinals are interviewing their own former offensive coordinator of their 2008 playoff team and current Steelers offensive coordinator, Todd Haley. The team will be interviewing Bengals offensive coordinator Jay Gruden on Thursday.
- In Cleveland, after showing feverish interest in Chip Kelly, as well as Doug Marrone (formerly of Syracuse, currently of Buffalo), CFL coach Marc Trestman, former Cardinals head coach Ken Whisenhunt, Penn State coach Bill O'Brien, and Cardinals defensive coordinator Ray Horton, it is reported that former Browns and current Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski was at team headquarters, though the team would not confirm that he was being interviewed.
- The Chargers have finished searching for their new GM, and hired former Colts director of player personnel Tom Telesco. With this part of the process complete, San Diego is reportedly now beginning their search for a head coach, despite past links to former Seahawks and Packers coach Mike Holmgren and UCLA coach Jim Mora.
- Jay Cutler is chiming in on the Bears' head coaching probes, saying he remains "excited" about the process. Chicago has already interviewed Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy, have interest in Marc Trestman, and look to interview Texans offensive coordinator Rick Dennison on Friday. Cutler gave high praise to Dennison, saying he "is one of the best offensive line coaches in the NFL." Dennison has worked with both Cutler and receiver Brandon Marshall in Denver.