Mike Kern's British Open Trivia
Each year, Mike Kern of the Daily News offers some golf trivia.
Here's this year's British Open edition:
1. Last year at Royal Lytham & St. Annes, who led after one round?
a. Adam Scott. b. Brandt Snedeker. c. Nicolas Colsaerts.
2. And who led after 36 holes?
a. Brandt Snedeker. b. Adam Scott. c. Paul Lawrie.
3. Which of these blokes wasn’t tied for second through 54?
a. Brandt Snedeker. b. Tiger Woods. c. Graeme McDowell.
4. Now that an Australian has finally won the Masters, how many have won this major?
a. 3. b. 4. c. 5.
5. How many times did three-time champion Jack Nicklaus finish second?
a. 5. b. 6. c. 7
6. What champ shot the lowest score in relation to par at Muirfield?
a. Lee Trevino. b. Nick Faldo. c. Tom Watson.
7. Which champion shot the lowest Open final round?
a. Seve Ballesteros. b. Justin Leonard. c. Greg Norman.
8. Which champ shot the lowest opening round?
a. Tom Watson. b. Nick Faldo. Louis Oosthuizen.
9. Who was the oldest winner?
a. Tom Morris Sr. b. Roberto de Vicenzo. c. Harry Vardon.
10. Which champ shot the lowest fourth-round score at Muirfield?
a. Gary Player. b. Nick Faldo. c. Tom Watson.
DOUBLE JEOPARDY: How many times has six-time U.S. Open runnerup Phil Mickelson been second in this national championship?
a. 0. b. 1. c. 2.
FINAL JEOPARDY: Which of these guys hasn’t aced the seventh hole at Muirfield?
a. Bill Andrade. b. Paul McGinley. c. Steve Pate.