NEWARK, N.J. – It turns out that Ville Leino isn’t so healthy after all.
Leino, who was a healthy scratch in the Flyers’ final two regular season games, raised some red flags when he didn’t participate in Monday’s practice.
Leino did not accompany the Flyers to Newark yesterday and, in turn, did not take part in today’s festive pre-game skate at the Prudential Center.
He has been battling the flu.
Leino hung back to skate at the Skate Zone in Voorhees with Phantoms players Kevin Marshall, Danny Syvret, David Laliberte, Andreas Nodl and Jon Kalinski.
Depending on how he is feeling, Leino will head up to Newark to watch tonight but will not be in the lineup for Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinal.
PLAYOFF PREVIEW: For those of you who don’t live in the Philadelphia area or cannot pick up a copy of today’s paper, here is a complete list of links to our playoff preview online:
- Predictions of the Flyers’ series through the eyes of our scribes.
- Story about Jeff Carter’s injury and how it might impact the series.
- Story about Flyers needing secondary scoring from the likes of Giroux and Van Riemsdyk.
- Rich Hofmann's column about the Flyers' need for discipline against New Jersey.
- Position by position breakdown of both teams (also includes 3 keys to the series).
- Recap of Flyers-Devils 2009-10 season series.
- Flyers’ playoff history against New Jersey.
Here were my predictions of the other first round series around the NHL that weren’t included in the online package:
Washington in 5
Buffalo in 6
Pittsburgh in 5
San Jose in 4
Chicago in 7
Los Angeles in 6
Phoenix in 7
You’ll have to pick up today’s Daily News to see who our other writers think will win.
Follow the latest updates, follow Frank Seravalli on Twitter (http://twitter.com/DNFlyers).